Hot and sunny late afternoons, perched on a stoop devouring fish tacos; it’s about as West Coast as one can get. Our Burnside seafood department recommends the catfish – and they’re right on the money!
1 lb. catfish fillet (or other firm, fleshy whitefish)
1 head fresh napa cabbage
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 C mayonnaise
1 T sriracha or chili sauce
1 t. lime juice
1/4 sour cream
1 fresh mango
1 package white corn tortillas
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
1. Lightly season the fish with salt & pepper, and then grill.
2. While the fish is grilling, finely shred the cabbage. Add chopped cilantro to taste, mix gently. Dice the mango.
3. Prepare the sauce by mixing mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and sriracha. If you like your tacos on the spicy side, add a bit more sriracha.
4. Cook the corn tortillas according to direction.
5. When the fish is ready, layer grilled fish, sauce, cabbage mixture, and then top with fresh mango. Drizzle freshly squeezed lime juice according to taste and enjoy.