Long-stem artichokes are here and this week, we’re surrounded by so many amazing artichoke recipes, it’s hard to choose which one to share with you. We decided on sharing one from one of our past issues of Indulge – one that sort of embraces the fall-ish weather we’ve had the last few days. Enjoy!
2 long-stem artichoke hearts, cooked and quartered, plus stems (cut into coins), or 21 oz. canned artichoke hearts
1 C Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 C gruyère cheese, grated
2 potatoes, diced
2 yellow bell peppers, diced
1 1/2 C carrot chips
20 grape tomatoes, halved
6 egg yolks
2 T milk
2 T butter
3 T soy sauce
1/4 C olive oil
Coarse grey salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fry potatoes in olive oil until golden brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
2) Mix egg yolks and milk. Fry in butter until soft or half cooked. Set aside until cool, then combine with parmigiano-reggiano and gruyère cheeses in a medium bowl.
3) Combine bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, artichoke, and fried potatoes in a large bowl and mix carefully.
4) Coat bottom of casserole dish evenly with soy sauce. Layer half of the artichoke mixture in dish and top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining artichoke mixture and cheese mixture to finish.
5) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until top begins to turn golden.